Rule and Regulation of ABCK MAHASABHA:
1. The following means will be adopted in order to attain the above subjects and ameliorate the backward condition of the community :-
a) Raising of funds.
b) Starting of Schools, Rathsalas and other institutions for the diffusion of knowledge among the Chandravanshiya Rawani Kshatriya boys and girls free of charge,
c) Rendering pecuniary help to the promising young Chandravanshiya Rawani KshatriyaChandravanshiya Rawani Kshatriya students to enable them to prosecute their studies.
d) Publication of a Patrika (Newspaper) of their own or any books or pamphlets containing subjects useful to the community.
e) Appointing itinerant up deshaks to popularizes the work of the Mahasabha and bring home to the members of the community the benefits of education, knowledge, trade, industries and handicrafts.
f) Encouragements of the wearing of the sacred thread.
g) Doing of such other thing as may from time to time be deemed necessary for the fulfillment of the object of the Sabha.
2. The Sabha will have no connection with any political society and the fundamental principle in all its action and conduct shall be a spirit of staunch loyalty and deep attachment to the British Raj.
3. The income of the Sabha from all sources shall be deposited in a bank to the credit of the Sabha and the Treasurer will be entitled to draw money from the bank according to the needs of the Sabha under direction of the General Secretary.
4. The property of the Sabha acquired from whatever source shall belong to the Sabha alone and none of the individual members of office-bearers are authorized to bring it into his or their private use.
5. No member of office-bearer will be held responsible for any loss, damage, or deterioration caused to any property belonging to the Sabha unless it is proved satisfactorily that such loss, damage or deterioration is due to negligence, carelessness or want of proper diligence on his part.Executive committee or Governing Body.
6. The management of the business of the Sabha shall be vested in an executive committee consisting of :-
II. Vice. President.
III. General Secretary.
IV. Joint Secretary.
VI. Editor of the Patrika (newspaper).
VII. Sub editor of the Patrika.
VIII. Manager of the Patrika.
IX. Updeshak .
X. 20 selected members from different places.
7. Office-bearer and other members of the executive committee shall be elected by ballot at the annual conference (Annual General Meeting) of the Sabha and such committee shall hold office until the following Annual conference.
Meetings or Conferences.
8. There will be three kinds of Meetings :-
a) The quarterly Meeting of the Executive committee.
b) The Extraordinary Meeting of the Executive committee.
c) The Annual conference or the Annual General meeting.
9. The work of the executive committee at the quarterly meeting will be as follows :-
I. Dispatch or current business.
II. Submission of report and accounts of the previous quarter.
III. Consideration of such amendment of or addition to the rules and regulations as may be deemed necessary and recommendation thereof to the Sabha.
IV. Adoption of means for the furtherance of the objects of the Sabha and consideration of any matters concerning it.
V. Supply of materials for the publication of the Patrika.
VI. Supervision of the work of Updeshak.
10. When five or more members of the Executive committee send a requisition signed by them to one of the Secretaries of the Sabha requesting him to call an Extraordinary meeting of the committee for the transaction of any urgent business, shall call such meeting.
11. Seven days, notice in writing to the case of Extraordinary meeting, fifteen days, notice in the case of quarterly meetings of the Executive committee and one month’s notice in the case of the General Meeting (Annual Conference ) specifying the place, time and hour of the meeting and the nature and purpose for which such meeting is to be held, shall be given in writing by one of the Secretaries.
12. Motions Of resolutions to be moved at the annual conference and Motions of proposed amendments additions or alteration of rules shall be given in writing to one of the Secretaries in sufficient time to enable the same to be included in the list of business of the annual General Meeting.
13. Ten shall from the Quorum for the Quarterly and Extraordinary meetings of the Executive committee and fifty shall from the Quorum for the annual conference.
14. All matters shall be decided by a majority of votes of members present at the meeting.
15. Ordinarily every member will have an opportunity to express his views except the mover of a resolution who will be entitled to a reply.
16. No member will be entitled to vote at the annual meeting of be eligible to become an office-bearer or member of the Executive committee unless he has paid his arrears of subscription in full.
17. Members not attending a meeting of the conference may send in writing their opinions of any matter which is under discussion, to the Secretary five days before the meeting, such opinions may, in the discretion of Chairman, be read out if the sense of the meeting is in favour of its being done so.
18. The Executive committee will be required to maintain the following registers and files :-
1. Register of work done by the Sabha.
2. Register showing names, addresses and occupations of the members of the Sabha.
3. Cash book showing income and expenditure of the Sabha.
4. Stock register of properties, furniture and other articles of the Sabha.
5. Register of Branch Sabhas.
6. Files of correspondence.
7. Press copy letter book containing copies of all letters dispatched.
8. Bill book.
9. Receipt book.
19. Should any vacancy arise among the office-bearers of the Sabha by resignation, death or otherwise, the Executive committee may appoint any one from among them to hold such office and to perform the duties there of until the next success ding annual general meeting.
20. The following business shall be transacted at the annual general meeting of the Sabha.
a) Election of President of the conferences and of the office-bearer and other members of the executive committee.
b) Reading of the annual report by the Secretary and adoption of the same.
c) Presentation of the annual budget and estimates of the probable income and expenditure of the ensuing year.
d) Discussion of the budget and estimates and adoption of the same.
e) Speeches on purely religious and social subjects of interest of the community.
N.B. no. discussion or speech of a political character will be allowed.
Second day :-
a) Wearing of the sacred thread by Chandravanshiya ( Rawani ) kshatriyas and performance of the necessary ceremonies by Pandits.
b) Speeches (as above).
c) Presidential speech and close of the conference.
21. Any Chandravanshiya ( Rawani ) kshatriyas who is a descendant of Maharaja Jarasandha and over the age of majority having sympathy with the objects of the Sabha will be entitled to become a member on signing a Pratijya Patra.
22. There will be three classes of members :-
First class - Those who pay Rs. 12/- or more a year as subscription.
Second class - Those who pay Rs. 6/- or more a year as subscription.
Third class - General members – They are divided into two sub-classes :-
a) Those who pay Rs. 3/- a year.
b) Those who pay Rs. 1-8 as a year.
23. Members of the above classes will be entitled to vote at meetings and will be eligible for any office or for election as members of the executive committee. But if in the election of such office-bearers of member of the executive committee there is tie between two members of different classes the candidature will be decided by majority of votes.
24. Person not in a position to render pecuniary help to the Sabha but who are zealous worker in advocating the cause of the Sabha may also be enlisted as members of signing the usual Protijya Patra provided they produce certificates of their good intention from the President or Secretary of a local Sabha.
25. The Patrika of the Sabha will be issued to every member free and will be open to sale.
26. Members will be required to pay the yearly or half yearly subscription in advance or the Patrika will be sent to them per V. P. Post.
27. Any distinguished person in the community who contributes a handsome donation or who has rendered signed services for the good of the community may be elected an Honorary member by the executive committee.
28. The president and the General Secretary are empowered to spend any sum not exceeding Rs 25/- and Rs. 15/- respectively for the purpose of the Sabha in urgent cases without the previous sanction of the executive committee. But such expenditure must be reported to the executive committee at its next meeting for sanction. All other expenditure must be undertaken only after the express sanction of the executive committee.
29. A subject which has been decided by the committee or Sabha shall not be reopened for a period of six months.
30. At least 5 p. c. of the annual gross income from subscriptions and donation towards the general fund will be set apart and form a reserve fund which will not be spent except by a special resolution of the executive committee.
31. Any Chandravanshiya ( Rawani ) kshatriyas branch Sabha opened in any town and having its object similar to those of the Sabha may be affiliated by the executive committee but at least 10 p. c. of the members of such branch Sabha must be members of the Mahasabha.
32. At least 5 members will be required to constitute a branch Sabha.
33. Rules for the conduct of the affiliated branch Sabha will be passed by the executive committee of the Mahasabha, but such rules must not be inconsistent with the objects and purposes of the Mahasabha.
34. Every affiliated branch Sabha will be entitled to decide matters arising within its own sphere or communal cases independently. The Sabha will not only interfere in cases that are referred to it either through the Sabha or directly by the person aggrieved.
35. The branch Sabha will have to submit to the decision of the Mahasabha or its executive committee.
36. Any member of the branch Sabha is eligible to become a member of the Mahasabha and vice versa.
37. Any proceeding of the branch Sabha worth publication in the Patrika of the Mahasabha will be published in it if so desired by the branch Sabha concerned.
38. The Patrika will not be issued grants to any branch Sabha.
39. The Branch Sabha will keep a register showing the names and addresses of their members.
(See Rule 9)
FILING OF ALTERATION OF THE MEMORANDUM OR
THE REGULATIONS BY A SOCIEY
THE WEST BENGAL SOCIETIES REGISTRATION ACT, 1961.
The registrar of firms, societies and Non-Trading Corporation, West Bengal.
I submit herewith, pursuant to rule 9, the altered regulations aling with a brief statement of alterations as given below :
Name of the Society : AKHIL BHARATVARSHIYA CHANDRAVANSHI KSHATIRIYA MAHASABHA
Registered No. of the Society : 2145/ 1912
Description of Alteration in regulations.
Date of alteration Previous position Altered position
40. The accounting year of the Society shall be from 1st day of April of each year to 31st day of March of following year.
41. The Society shall maintain book of accounts as required under Sec. 15 (1) (a) , (b) of the act. The account shall be audited by a duly qualified auditor as stated in Sec. 15 (2) of the Act.
42. (1) The Governing Body shall be responsible for the safe custody of the funds, properties and assets of the society
(2) The funds of the society shall be kept in banks/ post office/ Mutual Funds and be invested in any securities specified under Sec. 20 of the Indian Trust Act. 1882.
43. The books of account and other statutory books shall be kept at the registered office and shall be open to inspection of the members at such time and place as the Governing Body directs on a written request made by any member.
44. Subject to the provisions of Sections 24 & 27 of W. B. Societies Registration Act. 1961 or any Statutory modification thereof, the Society may be dissolved by a resolution to that effect passed by 3/4th members of the society at a general meeting. The said meeting shall also decide the manner of disbursement of the funds and asset of the Association, if any after dissolution.
Signature of the President/ Secretary
(Seal of the Society)